Thursday, October 27, 2011

Purple Cow Guts

For those of you that don't know what a purple cow is, let me tell you.  A purple cow is a milk shake that for the flavoring you add concentrated grape juice.  Specifically you add Welch's because it is super flavorful and extra purple.  We have tried it with other brands and it just doesn't taste the same.

I first heard of these years ago when I was serving in the primary.  This and grasshoppers (a cookie like thin mints) was the special treat at the yearly baptism preview.  All the kids were excited to come so they could find out what these were.  This year for YW in excellence we used purple cows to go with our purple theme (see the mybokehcreations blog for the post).  We had purchased way to much and so the left over supplies came to my house.  The young women wanted to have them again last night.  We were learning how to make cinnamon rolls and topped our bellies off with a purple cow.

There was an open container of juice.  I wasn't able to get the lid on tight so I put it inside my blender glass with the lid on.  I placed it carefully in the trunk of my car and packed stuff around it so it wouldn't tip.

Well apparently it didn't work at all because this is what I found when I got home.


Let me answer a few of the questions that might be rolling through your head while you laugh hysterically!

No, I did not have the glass part on the base while traveling.  I was using the base to help hold the glass in the corner of the trunk.

Yes, I did stand up the glass part when I opened the trunk. It didn't end up that way.

Yes, I did swear when I first saw it.  "Oh sh**" flew right out my mouth.

No, I didn't cry.  Too busy swearing apparently!

Yes, welch's is very thick and a concentrated red/purple color.

Yes, it does look like a bloody murder scene.

Yes, it welch's does stain.  That orange wash cloth in the bottom edge of the picture is no longer orange.

Yes, it does look like it tipped over pulling out of the church parking lot.  From the extensive splatter you can tell I didn't make it far.

No, I will never to do this again.  Any extra juice will be dumped down the sink prior to leaving!

And to top it all off, I forgot my milk.  So after I cleaned the purple cow guts up, I went back to the church to get my milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment