Monday, April 25, 2011

Bet you never did this on your 2nd grade fieldtrip!

You would think that the day after Easter I would blog about it.  But I have something far more interesting to blog about.  Today I went with Ellie on her fieldtrip.  First we went to Celebration Park in Melba, right on the Snake River.  They learned how to hunt mammoths with atlatl spears. This was really fun.  A follow up family trip will definitely be in the future.  Then we learned how to make tools with rocks. To finish the experience up, we learned about the lithographs on the rocks.



The next stop was Cleo's Nature Trail.  This was a unusual place to say the least.  The kids were given a list of random things to find while we were here.  Here is just a sample of what the trail contained.

 It's not fair that the male peacocks are so beautiful!



 This spot had statues of Albert Einstein, Abe Lincoln, and Benjamin Franklin.
I had to make the next pic bigger so you could see the faces.



Devin was getting very tired and was trying to sit anywhere he could.  When he saw this bench, he immediately went and sat down.  I had to take a picture because of what the sign behind him said!


Ellie found this along side the path and said, "Mom, look. You can see its 'booty'tocks!"  I think she meant buttocks.

Some of the things I didn't take a picture of were a rainbow, a tomb, a graveyard, a troll bridge, unique license plates, hundreds of garden statues grouped by type, and safari animal statues.  We even saw a heard of live deer run through.  This is one fieldtrip I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment