None of you should be surprised that something happened to Ellie yet again. After a broken arm, stitches, and hundreds of bumps and bruises, who else would it be! In fact, just this winter she busted her lip apart and she went to the doctor (no stitches that time). So when the school called this time, all I could do was laugh.
I wish I had some great story about how Ellie was pulling of a double back flip off the monkey bars or that she went down the big slide standing on one foot and blind folded, but that's not the case. A teacher went to open a door at the same time Ellie did on the other side. I the gash above her eye is where the part of the door handle that you push down with your thumb hit her. And the mark below her eye is where the handle part hit her. We are considering ourselves very fortunate that it missed her eye. The teacher felt horrible. Ellie made sure to go see her after she was stitched up to let her know she was alright.
Ellie was not happy about having to get stitches again. The doctor also said we should expect some throbbing headaches over the next 24 hours and a generous sized black eye.
The before shot.
After 4 stitches!
No comments:
Post a Comment