My all time favorite thing about babies are their fingers and toes! They are sooooo cute to me. I love all the little creases, the tiny little nails, and the cute way they curl and tuck. I love it when they hold their own hands or clasp them together. The way they hold your fingers when they eat or accidentally fold their arms. And I obviously can't stop myself from taking pictures of them!
For the last week, we have gotten to enjoy a wonderful little boy. We were doing respite care for another foster parent. This little guy was adorable. His smiles and cuddling are just what I needed. The most memorable moment was when the little guy discovered that his fist could reach his mouth! His tongue would barely touch his fist and his head would jerk back and he would throw his fist forward like it was the most bitter tasting thing he had ever had. He did this several times. Wayne and I couldn't help but laugh. What a sweet moment to share with this special boy.
This experience just reaffirms my thoughts and reasons behind doing foster care. It was easy for me not to become too attached in this situation. Don't get me wrong, I definitely bonded with him, but because I knew he would only be in our home a week, I was able to hold my heart back. Ellie on the other hand, couldn't distinguish between bonding and attaching. She did both. I was very hard for her to say goodbye, even knowing she could see him again soon. She kept asking if he could just stay with us permanently. I hope this gets easier for her.
So now we wait for the next call!
No comments:
Post a Comment