For those of you that know the Taylor family, you know how amazing they are. Jan is someone I think very highly of. She is a woman I truly respect and love. She is one of the best examples of a wonderful mother that I can think of. Two years ago, the Taylor family lost their little boy Luke.
In remembrance of Luke, I was asked by a friend to make a quilt in his behalf. I immediately said yes before I even knew the details. I was told since Luke lived to 23 months old, that we (when I say we, I mean the amazing group of friends I am fortunate enough to have) would make 23 boy quilts to donate to the Linus project (linusidaho.org) in behalf of the Taylor family. These quilts will be donated to local hospitals. All this would be done in secret and presented to the Taylor family on Luke's birthday, December 1st.
I am very pleased with the way my quilt turned out and was well worth the time and effort I put into it. I feel so blessed to be a part of something so special.
No comments:
Post a Comment