The rule of thirds is more than just a rule of thumb of where to place subjects when composing a picture, but it goes further than that. When I was taking a photography class in Colorado, we talked about this. Part of this discussion was that everything happens in 3s. And in our family, things happen in 3s, usually bad things.
1st-- December 16th, Candy Day
It was my great grandmother's tradition to make candy every year at Christmas time (caramels, dipped chocolates, peanut brittle, etc). A few years ago, our extended family got together in honor of Grandma Vera to make her recipes and to pass them down to the current generations. I really enjoyed this and have made it a tradition of my own. The day that I had set aside this year to do this, I woke up with a swollen foot and could barely walk. Thinking it was just a cramp, I tried to rub it out. But it only got worse! I took a nice warm shower thinking the hot water would help it. Nope, I could barely stand on the tile. So after my attempts to help my foot, more specifically my toe, I couldn't take the pain. I called the doctor for an appointment. Turns out I broke my toe. I don't know how or when but it was broken. And there's nothing that can be done for a broken toe. I limped around for a week and am now able to walk somewhat normal. It still hurts and the doctor said it would take about 4-6 weeks to heal. :(
2nd-- December 24th, Quilts
I was way behind on finishing the kid's rag quilts for Christmas. I had just finished snipping them and still needed to wash them. I threw them in the wash. I had gone up stairs a short time later and I smelled something weird. I asked Wayne to come help me find it. Well we did. It was the washer. After Wayne completely disassembled it, he came to the conclusion that it was indeed broken. :(
3rd-- December 25th, Drive Home
We had gone to Christmas dinner with family and on the way Wayne noticed that we were losing tire pressure. No, he's not that good to feel that or does he check that constantly! The "dummy light" flashed on the dash saying that something was wrong. Our tire was slowly losing pressure. We pulled over a truck stop and aired it back up, hoping that we could make it the rest of the way home. It was cold & dark and we didn't have a flashlight. So making it home without having to empty the trunk and put the spare on was the best option. The tire held on the way home! The next day, nothing was open. We weren't able to get it fixed until Tuesday. :(
I could probably list more stuff before these and I'm sure more is coming. Sometimes I feel like we are in 3 sets of 3, not just 3. Or even 3 years of stuff. But I know all to well that happiness doesn't come without trial or effort. If we didn't have rough times, we wouldn't recognize the good times. I hope that this coming year will bring us some good. We are making several big changes (like selling our house and moving) and that is sure to bring both good and bad our way. What a bokeh life!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment