I know it's been a while since I posted, but Monita, as we call her, had her days and nights mixed up. I was getting very little sleep and fell way behind on more than just my blog. Monita (I hope I spelled that correctly) means "little monkey" in Spanish. She got this name because she is covered with hair, and lots of it! She is a sweet baby. She loves to cuddle.
Last week, Monita got placed with a family member. Ellie was very sad to see her go, but she understood it since she went to family. To help Ellie's transition out, we had our little respite baby boy come back for a few nights, Little D. He can make us smile like no other can.
Little D is making good progress. We have kept in touch with him and his foster mom since we did respite the first time. He has grown tons. He can make good eye contact now and lots of cooing noises. He is gaining better control over his movements too. His physical therapist says this is big news for him since his doctor said he would never be able to walk or feed himself. The pt says her past experiences indicate he will!! It looks like he will be coming up for adoption eventually. I hope that he gets an amazing family that will help him succeed. We love him very much and want the best for him.
So, I'm baby free this week and getting lots done around my house. Not to mention, I got caught back up on sleep!! We have a busy month, so I've asked the department not to give us another placement until after we are back from our Oregon coast trip in a couple of weeks. When I talked with them, they indicated that there are few stay at home moms with a schedule like mine that want to take infants. They said they could keep me plenty busy if I was willing. I said yes!

No comments:
Post a Comment